Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jump Manual - Week 2 Recap of "40 at 40"

Week 2 of "40 at 40" training went pretty well.

I'm so glad I had my bodyfat tested as it has really made me focus more on nutrition. I lost 1.5 lbs this past week and so being more disciplined on my eating is making a difference.

I'm playing on 2 city league basketball teams with games every Monday and Tuesday nights. This is making it a little harder to get my workouts in and I am concerned about recovery. But, I'm determined to keep going.

This morning I tweaked my back doing dead lifts and was unable to finish the workout. First time I've had anything like that happen during these last several months of vertical training. I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't warm up like I normally do and suffered the consequences. I went to a chiropractor who combines massage therapy, electric stim, roller table, laser treatment, and some other pretty cool things as part of a visit. It made a huge difference and I was still able to play in my game tonight and surprisingly had a pretty decent game. 

Well...that's all for now. Hopefully my back will be "back" to feeling good in the next few days and by next week I can get a video update posted.

BTW, did you see Blake Griffin's dunk last night? I must have watched it at least 20 times today. That dude is a BEAST!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That would be amazing to be able to dunk like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man i just wanted to tell you are a real inspiration to me to achieve my goal for dunking. I really thought dunking could possibly be unachieveable for me until i saw your blog last october. I watched all your videos and i saw your progression. You dunked after 3 months after starting the jump manual. I am also 5'11 and i thought hey if you can do it i should be able too. i recently got the freak jump reloaded to work on my jumping technique. I hope you achieve your tomahawk dunk. I cant dunk yet because i was incosistant with the jump manual but i just restarted it. i did see a lot of gains. i went from not even touching the rim to grabbing with 2 hands. finals week happend last december and i just stopped working out. then i just restarted last late january. i lost a lot of air from not working out. but now im back on it and im back from where i was grabbing rim. im hoping to dunk in the next month. i cant wait for summer becuase by then hopefully by then i can throw a nice one down. anyway thx for posting this blog. i would not have believed jacob hiller's page selling the jump manual without you blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @lebronnen - thanks man! i really appreciate your comments. this is why having this blog has been so awesome. hearing that people are getting benefit from it keeps encouraging and motivating me to keep going! so thanks!

    keep me posted on your progress. from not touching the rim to grabbing with 2 hands, is a huge improvement! congrats! keep up the good work and i'm sure you will be dunking. be sure to get it on video!

    good luck man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate you posting this blog, I'm using it as motivation to finally pull off a dunk in a game. Using a blog for motivation was a good idea, and I'm going to go ahead and steal it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @OldWhiteGuy - hey thanks man! just checked out your blog and have become a follower! look forward to seeing your progress man!

      Delete