Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jump Manual at 40 years old - Week 4 & 5 Results

After seeing some nice gains the first three weeks of this phase of Jump Manual training (no-step vertical has gone from 27.6" to 28.1" to 29.9"), I have not seen any further gains these last two weeks. Last Monday, my best no-step vertical jump was 28.9" and yesterday my best no-step vertical jump was 29.5".

Of course, I'm not super happy about this but I'm also not super surprised. My no-step vertical peaked around 31 inches last Fall and so going past that won't be easy. But, I will do it! Just got to be consistent, eat healthy, stretch, and get proper recovery.

Another thing I believe will help me is creatine. I was using it when I was jumping my best about 6 months ago and excited to see how adding it back into my training will impact my results.

July 4th (my deadline to dunk 2 hands) is coming up quickly! Come on creatine! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the 2 hand dunk! Keep up the progress and I hope the creatine helps you out. Good luck

    ReplyDelete