Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jump Manual at 40 years old - Week 1 Results

As I mentioned in my post last week, I started another round of 12 weeks of vertical jump training using the Jump Manual.

Week 1 went fairly well. I got in most of the workouts and also played basketball 3 times. Yesterday, I tested my no-step vertical on the Just Jump System. I got out my camera to film only to find out the batteries were dead! Oops! So I don't have a video to show you this week, but will make sure I do next week.

My best jump (which I got multiple times) was 27.6 inches. I was a little disappointed because I'm sure my no-step vertical last Fall was around 30 inches. I expect to make up that difference within the next couple of weeks and then hope to keep adding onto it. If I can get my no-step vertical to at least 33 inches, my running vertical should be 39-40 inches which would be incredible and absolutely high enough to be throwing down a sweet two-hand tomahawk.

It's possible! Here's my friend Steven who I used to jump higher than but the punk has passed me up! He's now throwing down some very nice two hand dunks. Hopefully, this is where I'll be by July!






6 comments:

  1. I am about to be released from the back injury in a few weeks. Sure am hoping to be able to dunk good enough where I can get one in a game by November! I actually jumped a few times today, got all four fingers over the rim but thats it. Cant grab rim with 2 hands though. Good luck with your training!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - for not being able to train or jump for a very long time due to your injury, I'd say that is really good man! Wish you all the best on your recovery.

      Delete
    2. thanks man. I also saw Steven's progress and man he can fly!!! I hope I can get that high and dunk like that in 5 months, he did it in 6.

      Delete
    3. I'm also 17 years old, 6'1" with a standing reach of 8'. So my vertical can definitely improve!!! Not very good right now

      Delete
  2. Hey, Candyman. Thanks for posting and thanks for checking out my blog, too. You've convinced me to start posting more regularly on there.

    Are you confident in the accuracy of that Just Jump System? It looks really cool. Would love to have one of those. Please write a post with some reactions on it when you get a chance.

    I was going to start a vertical jump program last weekend but got sick. Today I plan on doing my first workout on different program from you. Hope we both see some great results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I think it's very accurate based on my experience so far.

      Good luck on your training! I will be checking out your blog to see/hear about the progress.

      Delete