Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jump Manual - Week 6 Recap of "40 at 40"

After about 4 weeks of limited vertical jump training due to injuries, week 6 went much better because I was finally feeling better! I did 5 of the 6 Jump Manual workouts and it felt really good to get back after it.

In other good news, I've been able to drop 7 lbs during these past 6 weeks. When I started this phase of training on January 16, I weighed 174.2 lbs. This past Monday, Feb 27, my weight was down to 167.2 lbs. So I've been losing about 1 lb per week. Assuming, I haven't lost any muscle (which is probably unlikely due to these dumb injuries and limited training), my estimated bodyfat % would now be 14% which is still too high but much better than 18%!

What did you think of this year's NBA dunk contest? I thought it started off pretty lame, got interesting in the middle, and went right back to lame. After watching so many amazing dunkers on YouTube, it is hard to be impressed anymore. Somehow we got to get Lebron, Wade, Rose, Wall, and some of the other superstars to participate.

Here is a pretty cool video I found the other day of Team Flight Brothers doing 19 dunks that have never been done in an NBA dunk contest. Some pretty cool stuff.


I realized today (Feb 29) that 2012 is a Leap Year! And that is what this year is going to be for me! And I hope it will be for you too!

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Good Job on the weight loss, maybe get another inch or 2 higher now. I agree Lebron and Blake Griffin definitly need to be in it. Would like to see Russell Westbrook as well (he throws down some sick tomahawks) He also has an interesting story behing his dunking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he is. He couldnt dunk until he was a senior in high school and didnt dunk in a game until the last game of his senior season. Now look at him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow - didn't know that! kind of a late bloomer sounds like! i saw some video the other day with nate robinson and i think he said his first dunk was in 8th grade and i don't how tall he was then (probably not 5'9") but dunking in 8th grade is ridiculous no matter how tall you are...

      Delete
  3. Yeah I researched on Westbrook and found this website that had 10 things you dont know about Westbrook and that was one. I agree, nate robinson was one heck of a dunker. Also didnt know he dunked in the 8 grade. He was probably 5'5 then haha. That's insane though.

    ReplyDelete