Friday, November 18, 2011

Operation Tomahawk - Week 5 Recap

Just got back from traveling for a few days so I'm late in posting this week's recap. This past week was fairly successful in that I got in most of my workouts.

I have a funny story to share from this past week. One morning after we had been playing hoops for a while a few guys left and so we were down to just 10 players. Then another guy said he had to take off which would have left us with just 9. This guy had not been out to play with us since about last March which was before I started using the Jump Manual. So, I told him, "if I dunk, you have to stay another game." Since he thought there was very little chance of that happening, he said, "sure!" Well...you probably can guess what happened since I'm telling you this story. Yes, I threw down a pretty good dunk and he was man enough to follow through on his word. Everybody was laughing pretty hard and it was a really fun morning. He also asked me what I've been doing to work on my vertical which made me feel pretty good (he is actually a professional athlete). Even better, I got the whole thing on video and will upload soon!

Thanks for following along!

13 comments:

  1. Lol that's hilarious. I cant wait to see them videos. I'm on my fourth day of my first week, and my legs are very stronger already! They are more responsive than before. and I can get a tad bit higher when im jumping. Videos soon to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Way to show up the doubters. By the way, are you close to/have you tried the two-handed throwdown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it felt good to have an unexpected surprise in-store for your buddy.

    I'm in the middle of my second week off due to my sore left knee.

    Next week I'm going to concentrate on knocking off some of this excess fat I have around my mid-section. That means eating a very limited amount of calories which negates me working out. So I probably won't be jump training for a few more weeks.

    As soon as I've got my body right I'll resume training then. I'll let you know how the fat loss thing goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I just came across your story tonight for the first time. I've read all your posts and watched all the videos. Downright inspirational! Congratulations! A buddy and I will be starting Jump Manual in a couple of weeks. I'm 36 years old, 5'11" but around 195 lbs. (need to drop a few) My wife, my boss and many others think it's impossible that I'll be able to dunk in 2012. We shall see. About 3 inches short of the rim as a starting reference point. Can't wait to begin the program. Keep up the hard work. This is bigger than you. You are inspiring middle-aged white guys like me to reach for the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @quispboy - thanks man! i really appreciate your comments and am very excited for you. work hard, be consistent, and you will be amazed at what you can do. use the "doubters" and the "haters" to help you stay motivated! let me know how it goes! i highly recommend posting videos to track your progress. they also can be very motivating.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @madhops - good luck on the diet. if you haven't tried green smoothies, would highly recommend adding that to your diet. i have one for breakfast almost every single day. super nutritious, tons of protein, and can help you lose weight too.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @IBEUD - look forward to checking out your vids! keep up the good work! stronger means you will be jumping higher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Omberta Plubis - still have a ways to go on the two-hand tomahawk. posted a video today showing a couple of attempts. check out my new post.

    http://myjumpmanual.blogspot.com/2011/11/operation-tomahawk-another-week-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Candyman
    I am very impressed by your video. I really want to try this program. But I do not have much time for the exercise. And I may not be able to follow the diet that program suggests. Do you think It will work despite all the situations? plz reply me. Or if u can mail me, I will really appreciate that. haksunchung@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Unknown - thanks! the jump manual is a great program. how much time do you have? and how bad do you want to increase your vertical? my training takes about 5-6 hours per week spread over 6 days.

    the most important thing about the diet is to get enough protein after each workout. not that difficult to follow. other than that, you just need to eat healthy which you should be doing anyways.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete