Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Operation Tomahawk - Took the week off

After a lousy start to my training this past week, I decided to go ahead and take the entire week off. I'll admit it was nice to have a little break.

Things are going much better this week. Had a great workout yesterday and had a couple of decent dunks in morning basketball. I've been watching tons of dunk videos on YouTube and that has gotten me really motivated. It's amazing how easy some of these guys make it look.

I've got to get a lot stronger! City league basketball is also starting up in about a month and am really hoping to be able to dunk in a game -- something I've been dreaming of since I was a little kid.

I ordered some new creatine and excited to get started with that. Also, going to get strict on my diet again. Way too much candy and junk food lately and time to get really disciplined with my eating. Clock is ticking. My birthday is now just under 2 months away and I still have a quite a ways to go to reach my goal.

Another area I've got to do much better on is stretching. Gotten lazy with that and I know it makes a difference. 

Thanks for following along. I will get a new video uploaded soon.

9 comments:

  1. VIDEOS! VIDEOS! WE WANT VIDEOS! LOL, BTW I GOT MY STARTING VERTICAL STATS:

    Standing Vert: 21in
    1 Step Vert: 26in
    Running Vert: 28in

    What do you think about those stats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad man! Those are very close to mine when I started Jump Manual.

    What is your reach? Have you figured out how many inches you will need to gain to dunk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Reach is 90 inches, Hopefully I'll gain 7-8 inches and Ill be dunking. I might need even more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey man,

    awesome work on your vert! I am way impressed. I was considering buying the program myself, i have identical stats to what you had when you started. Is it really legit? I know you're LDS bro so you gotta be honest, i can recognize that stake center a mile away :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ IBEUD - so you are about 2 inches from the rim on your max jump? my guess is you will need about 9-10 inches to get a one hand dunk.

    you can do it man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @seanc - thanks! those stake centers all look the same, don't they? :-)

    i'm a big fan of the jump manual. i'm pleased with the results i've gotten so far and hopefully i will continue to see gains.

    if you are about where i was when i started then i think you have a great chance of being able to dunk. just got to put in the work!

    good luck man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy, yea on my running jump I can barely touch the rim but barely like scraping it. Hopefully I'll be able to gain those inches on the first 12-weeks, if not I'll keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. alright bro,
    i got the jump manual and am doing the first week right now. I did my "start" video before i started. How do i post it up for you? I can't do it in the comment section, right? How's your working out going, dude? You gotta get that tomahawk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @seanc -- posting on youtube is probably the easiest. if you only want certain people to be able to see it, then you can post it as a "private" video and then only people you give the url can watch it.

    had a pretty good week this past week. i have some video footage -- just got to upload it! i'm traveling for the next few days so its just a matter of finding the time. maybe on friday...

    ReplyDelete