Saturday, September 3, 2011

2 weeks of laziness

Since completing my first week of Round 2 of Jump Manual training combined with Freak Jump Technique, I have been VERY lazy. It started when I went out of town for 5 days. For me, traveling is training kryptonite!

Sometimes a little break is good for your body and your mind but you also have to be careful about that just being an excuse to be lazy. These last 2 weeks were more of the lazy kind than needing a break to recover. I had already taken time off recently after I finished 12 weeks of Jump Manual training.

It was much easier to stay motivated when I was younger and had fewer responsibilities. Being married, 3 kids, busy career, family life, etc. makes it pretty easy to say, "I'll workout tomorrow."

Enough of this lazy crap!

Labor day is on Monday and is the perfect day to "get back to work"!

What kinds of things help you stay motivated?

6 comments:

  1. Hello I hope you can accept my request.
    I really want to learn how to dunk but I don't have any money to buy the jump manual. My parents wouldnt even consider paying for me, so i recently found an online book and i was wondering if you can let me use your username and password? I would appreciate it very much and thank you for your time. my email yanchen94108@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry man. Not giving you my username and password.

    If you really want the jump manual, find some ways to earn some money.

    Or there are tons of helpful videos and articles out there on how to increase your vertical.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey can i ask, in the jump manual do you do loads of sets or low amounts of sets. also did you have access to weights? because i don't and the only alternative out there is resistance bands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alan 'holy hops' Kotun,

    I wouldn't say the Jump Manual has you do "loads" of sets. But, I have worked out a lot over the years so what seems like a lot to one person is going to be different to others.

    One of the six workouts per week in the Jump Manual involves doing squats, dead lifts, hang cleans, etc. and I do this workout at Gold's Gym. I do all the other workouts at home or on the basketball court where I play hoops.

    I believe the Jump Manual provides alternate exercises if you don't have access to weights. But, I think you will get best results lifting weights so try to figure out a way to get to a gym 1 time per week.

    Also, here is a a Blog post where I answer the most common questions people have been asking me:

    http://myjumpmanual.blogspot.com/2011/06/some-common-jump-manual-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for replying, i checked your common jump manual questions, but i still have one more question.

    I don't have enough money for both the jump manual and a gym but i have purchased a barbell with 32.5 kg weights.(which although might not be 85% of my IRM is still alright)

    after 2 months of research ,and watching jacob hillers youtube videos, i actually tailored my own program where i use resistance twice a week to do squats etc and polyometrics twice a week making a total of 4 days a week.

    do you think i will gain decently good results from my own program? I think Jacob Hiller has already given out so much valuable information on his free youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably...if you are getting stronger and quicker, you will jump higher. So make whatever exercises you chose will help you do that and make sure you are doing them correctly.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete