Thursday, August 4, 2011

12 weeks of Jump Manual completed!!!

I'm very pleased to say I have successfully completed 12 weeks of Jump Manual training. I'm even more pleased about my results!

Today, I got my first dunks jumping off one foot since starting my training. It was totally unexpected because my left knee gives me problems sometimes. I don't think it will ever be the same after tearing my MCL about 18 months ago. But, today it felt great and just felt so easy to jump.

My 2 foot jump also felt really good until I had the ball in my hands. I wasn't able to get down any dunks jumping off 2 feet today. I have been focusing a lot on my technique for the last week and think it will help in the long run. But, today I felt kind of uncoordinated when trying to dunk off 2 feet. I've had several people comment on my youtube videos that if I improved my technique that I would be dunking really easy. So I'm definitely going to keep working on it.

Now that I've finished 12 weeks of Jump Manual workouts, I'm working with Jacob Hiller (creator of Jump Manual) to take my training to the next level. My new goal is to be able to dunk 2 hands with AUTHORITY. No more of these weak dunks!

Well, here is my latest video. Thanks for reading and watching!

5 comments:

  1. after completing the JM.. did you gain up to 50 inch? if not what is the next step to gain it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not even close to a 50 inch vert and don't think i will ever get there. i'm hoping to get to 40 inches and i'm talking a running vertical -- not standing. a 50 inch vertical (running) is extremely rare. i would be surprised if there are any players in the NBA with a 50 inch vert right now. it's that rare. check the NBA combine stats for the last 5 years and there is only a couple each year with a vert over 40 inches. no one close to 50 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, am really for u getting there.Am gonna start the jump manual next week.One question though what's ur height?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That takes a lot of discipline and effort and you made it. I once tried to pursue one of those manual´s instructions in Argentina. I had an apartment in buenos aires that was super big in a bulding where there was a basketball playground. It was so much fun!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete