Saturday, August 29, 2015

Video - testing my vert at beginning of training

Yesterday, I tested my no-step, 1 step, and running vert as part of my workout. I think it will take 4-6 weeks to get back to where I was and then another 4-6 weeks to hit new PR's.

By the end of 12 weeks, here are my goals:
  • No step vert: hang on rim with 1 hand
  • 1 step vert: hang on rim with 2 hands
  • Running vert: both wrists above rim and dunking 2 hands off dribble and off backboard

Here's the video from yesterday showing where I'm currently at on my vert.


My running vert looks SO SLOW! Got to speed that up!

Excited to be back training again!

2 comments:

  1. This is all about what makes you happy, I have not touched the rim yet, but I am playing ball, I will be very happy to be able to do what you did in the video, have been working out, but not really pushing it, bad back, torn finger ligaments, but I actually am enjoying playing ball more now than when I was younger, trying to do the shammgod move, can you imagine at 44, my whole body aches after a one pick up game, but I get kick out of it, so if you get that rush from jumping harder and dunking harder, go for it, just make sure you rest properly.

    ReplyDelete