Friday, March 1, 2013

Jump Manual - 41 years old - Week 7 results

I'm late posting an update on my progress from this past week from using the Jump Manual! My life has been crazy and just very little free time right now.

I've been off creatine for almost about a month now and have dropped a few pounds. I'm down to 176 lbs from 182 lbs but I have felt a decline in my strength in the last 2 weeks. My bench press has gone down and seems like my squat has too. I think it could be a combination of fatigue and not using creatine. I might take next week off to rest like I did 4 weeks ago. We'll see. But, I am going back on creatine. Whether its mental or not it gives me a big boost in strength that I notice whenever I'm taking it.

I have been trying more dunks lately by throwing lobs to myself. I have never been very good at these. I don't seem to jump as high as I'm not super confident the pass is going to be in the right place so I tend to hold back a bit. I usually jump higher on dribble dunks which is weird since without the full arm swing you actually shouldn't be able to jump quite as high off the dribble.

But, I've been watching my friend Steven Celi throw down some really nice dunks lately off lobs and it's made me want to try them more. Check out one of his latest vids:



This morning I did get one weak dunk off a lob and actually got it on video.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Weak or not, you can still call it a dunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll get something much better on video next week!

      Delete
  2. Any luck dunking in a game yet? Do you have any stories about good attempts? Nice dunk, I think that dunk is better than you think, it wasn't the perfect throw but you still got it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish man! dunking in a game is the ultimate dream. I have made a couple of attempts in the last year or so and it hasn't been pretty. :-)

      Delete