Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jump Manual 2013 - took another week off

This past week I took a break from my Jump Manual training. It was nice to have some time off and give my body and mind a break.

I'm now headed for the home stretch. My last 4 weeks of this phase of training! And I'm actually coming up on 2 years since I started using the Jump Manual back in April 2011! In fact, my 2 year anniversary is almost exactly one month from today (April 11). It would be so amazing to reach my goal of the two hand tomahawk before then.

So...I'm going to do everything I can this last month to make that dream come true. Here's the plan:

-- Start taking creatine again (started yesterday)
-- Stretch everyday
-- Adding back in some additional plyometrics
-- Shortened workouts that focus on explosiveness
-- Play basketball 1 time per week instead of 2 times per week. Got to spend the time training instead of playing hoops.
-- Eat super healthy. Get as lean as possible without losing strength during these next 4 weeks.
-- Get more sleep. I regularly go to bed at midnight or later and get up at 5:45 am. Not ideal.

And I'm also going to pray! :-)

Hope your training is going well. Wish me luck during these next 4 weeks.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a good plan. I'm still waiting for and fully expecting a two-handed dunk in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to focus on training rather than playing ball even though training will clearly help you get better or more athletic. I always tell myself I want to practice shooting/do drills, but I always just end up playing ball instead.

    Good luck converting that playing time to training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true...it's hard for me to not play! hopefully it's worth it!

      Delete
  3. I'm gonna start a blog for my vertical jump as well. I just started week 3 of training and I'm trying to get back where I was last November. Hopefully I can gain quicker and be more explosive. GL with your training, btw how do you start a blog on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you have it set-up as I'll definitely follow you.

      Starting a blog is really easy. I'm using blogger (google) but there is Wordpress and bunch of options out there that are all free.

      Delete