Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jump Manual - Week 12 Recap of "40 at 40"

I have finished another 12 weeks of Jump Manual training. Time has gone by so quickly. In fact, today (April 11) marks one year since I started my training and began chasing the dream to dunk at age 39.

I set some big goals to reach by today. And, unfortunately I didn't reach them. My gains have slowed down and I have not made much progress in a while. The easy thing to do at this point would be to give up on my goal to dunk two hands. But, there is no way I'm going to do that! I'm just going to make some adjustments to my training, set some new goals, and get back to work.

One thing I should start doing again is making videos. Those seemed to provide some extra motivation and it was fun to see all the comments from people even from the "haters" out there.

So...I hope you will continue to follow along as I continue to chase my dunking dreams. Post some comments and let me know how things are going with your training. What is working for you? What isn't working?

5 comments:

  1. Hey man it's been really motivating reading all of your blog posts, you inspired me to start a blog on my recent jump manual training.

    http://jumpmanualtraining.blogspot.com

    My goal is at the end of this first 12 weeks to be able to stand flat footed under the rim and dunk two hands. Trying out for Central Florida for my senior year of college as a SG so I'm hoping to have some sort of decent vertical by the time fall rolls around.

    Keep working on that tomahawk! You'll get it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - awesome! Thanks man. Just checked out your blog and will be following along for sure! Work hard, be consistent, and you will get great results that I'm sure will help you be ready for tryouts in the fall.

      I'm pulling for you man!

      Delete
  2. Keep up the hard work bro! Don't give up, give it 100% every time! and you'll start to see gains! don't forget to stretch and warm-up before you start your work outs, also rest is very important, your muscles need to recover! Diet is crucial! make sure your eating enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also started a blog of my own, which I'll start posting videos and stats of my vertical training as soon as I recover from my ankle, make sure you check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted a comment on your blog! So cool man! Very excited to follow your progress. Get that ankle healed up!

      Delete