Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm starting the Jump Manual

This Monday, April 11 I am starting the Jump Manual vertical jump program created by Jacob Hiller. I'm creating this blog as a way to track my progress and hopefully provide some additional motivation to complete the 12 week program. Yes, I want to dunk!

I actually started the Jump Manual about 18 months ago and unfortunately about 2/3 of the way through, I had a pretty bad knee injury in a city league game that took several months to heal. I'm feeling pretty healthy now and want to make another go at the program. I was getting some decent results and so I'm excited to go for it again.

Jacob Tucker's youtube video and winning the NCAA Dunk contest is partially to blame for this renewed obsession. That guy is ridiculous! And, I want to be just like him. Or just a little like him would be just fine.

I'm just under 6 feet tall and 39 years young. Given those facts, you may think this quest is a tad unrealistic. Great! That will only push me harder. I will tell you that in my younger days I could dunk. But, it has been a LONG time (at least 10 years). So, it certainly is possible. But, is it still possible? This is a race against a clock that seems to be ticking more and more quickly. If I'm going to dunk again, it's going to have to be soon!

The other reason I'm doing this program is I have an 11 year old son who I hope becomes a much better athlete than I ever was. I want to determine which programs are best to help him when he gets a little bit older. What better way to figure that out then do the programs myself?

If you are doing the Jump Manual or other vertical program right now, I'd love to hear about your results.

Thanks for reading and hope you will follow along for the next 12 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Estou te acompanhando amigo !
    tambem quero fazer um programa de salto e acho que vou fazer o air alert III ! o que acha ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quero começar um dos dois. como tá seu andamento?

      Delete
    2. você está usando Air Alert?

      Delete
  2. I don't speak Portuguese! :-) Had to use google translate.

    I haven't used air alert so can't say how good or bad it is. But, I really like the Jump Manual so would recommend using it.

    Good luck!

    Google translation...

    Eu não falo Português! :-) Tive que usar Traduz Google.

    Eu não usei alerta de ar por isso não posso dizer o quão bom ou ruim que é. Mas, eu realmente gosto do Manual Ir para recomendaria usá-lo.

    Boa sorte!

    ReplyDelete