Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jump Manual - Week 9 Recap of "40 at 40"

Week 9 of this phase of Jump Manual training didn't go as well as the previous 2 weeks where I didn't miss a single workout. But, given my schedule I'm still pleased with what I accomplished.

It's tournament time for the 2 basketball leagues I'm playing in and so I had 3 games this past week including a doubleheader last Monday night. I found myself completely exhausted (which is very rare for me) and so I decided to take Wed, Thu, and Friday off from training. I then hit it hard on Saturday for the strength and explosion workout and it felt great to get back in the gym.

Last night, we came in 3rd place in the highest division for one of the leagues I play in. We had a bad game last week and lost to the team who ended up winning the championship. Tonight, we play in the semi-finals for the other league and if we win ("when we win"), we will play tomorrow night for the championship. So will likely have 3 games again this week. I love hoops but I'm honestly kind of ready for it to be over so I can really focus on my training.

My 1 year anniversary of Jump Manual training and posting to this blog is coming up very soon (April 11) which is really hard to believe. I've got to get that 2 hand dunk before then which doesn't leave much time!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You can do It Man!!!! You'll see! whenever your done with your leagues and start focusing on your training only, you will get those inches that you need will come fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks man! i appreciate the vote of confidence!

      hope your training is going well!

      Delete