Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jump Manual - Week 8 Recap of "40 at 40"



For the second week in a row, I got in all my Jump Manual workouts! Yes! I really feel like I'm back on track. Had a tough start to the year but things are going really well now.

After losing weight consistently for the first 6 weeks of training this year, my body seems to want to stay at around 166 lbs. I had my bodyfat tested tonight at Gold's Gym with one of those electronic machines you hold in your hand (not sure how accurate it is) but it said I was 12.9% bodyfat which is a pretty significant improvement from the 18% I was back in January. Still can't believe I was that fat!

Crunching the numbers and comparing to my last test shows I have lost fat and gained muscle so that is very good news. I was concerned that I may be losing muscle from reduced training from my injuries but that doesn't appear to be the case. I will test my bodyfat again using the bodpod next month so I can get a true before and after comparison. I'd like to be 8% bodyfat or less.

This past week I had an awesome coaching session with Jacob (creator of Jump Manual). We reviewed videos of me performing several of the plyometric exercises from the Jump Manual. He provided tons of helpful tips and feedback and I learned some great stuff!

This is one of the reasons I've become a huge fan of the Jump Manual and of Jacob too. Having access to an expert like him has made a big difference for me. He is very willing to help his clients and his weekly coaching sessions are invaluable. Take advantage of them if you aren't already!

Click on the video at the top of this post or picture at the bottom to see the video of us reviewing my depth jumps. Post some comments if you found this helpful and would be interested in me sharing more videos like this. Thanks for reading and watching!

Depth Jumps - Coaching Session with Jacob Hiller


7 comments:

  1. This could be really helpful. Anything to get another inch or two out of it helps. Has dunking become easier for you over the past few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool - thanks!

    Dunking is not easier...yet! How's your back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back is about the same. Going back to doctor end of next month to have another scan on it to see how much its healed since December. Good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! those training sessions with Jacob really are helpful! I just learned something new from watching this. You should definitely keep uploading these jumping review sessions, It helps a lot!

      Keep Going Hard!

      Delete
    2. cool man! glad you liked it. i will post some more over the next few weeks.

      how's your training going?

      Delete
  4. I had to postpone my training this past sunday. I go to this church to hoop on wed and sundays. I went sunday like i usually do, but i got a bit late, anyway I was waiting to play so I was warming up stretching til it was my turn. We started playing but I kinda felt my shoes a bit loose, I noticed it but I was like ahh I'll be fine. Not even 5 min later I jumped for a rebound got it shot the ball and right there I landed on some dudes foot, I ROLLED MY ANKLE! I felt the crack and everything. I was like no wayyy Im done ;( I couldnt even walk on it. I felt so mad and frustrated, I went today to have xrays done on me, fortunately it's just a bad sprain, so I'm not gonna be able to do anything till i can walk again. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That stinks man. Landing on somebody's foot is the worst. Do lots of ice and get healed soon man!

      Delete