Friday, May 6, 2011

Vertical Jump Test - after 3 weeks of Jump Manual

I've been doing the Jump Manual for 3 weeks now and so it was time to test my vertical again. After playing ball this morning, I performed the same tests I've done the last 2 weeks to determine where I'm at.

And...here are the results:

My no step vertical has increased 2 inches.
My one step vertical has increased 1 inch.
My running vertical has increased 2 inches.

My max height is now about 10 feet 4 inches and so figure I need 4 to 6 more inches to throw down a one handed dunk.

So I'm up 2 inches in 3 weeks. Not bad! If my gains continue at this same rate, I'd end up with about an 8 inch gain during the 12 weeks of the program. That would put me pretty close to 11 feet max height and should be high enough to throw it down.

Just got to keep going!

Here's a video of the test I did today. Thanks for reading and watching!

6 comments:

  1. So I'm up 2 inches in 3 weeks. Not bad! If my gains continue at this same rate, I'd end up with about an 8 inch gain during the 12 weeks of the program."

    Yeah man, and if you keep that rate up all year, you'll gain 32 inches on your vertical in 48 weeks. That'll put your vertical at 60+ inches, a world record! Seriously though, It's going to slow down homie, you'll see the biggest gains at the beginning which will taper off unless you are Derrick Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - that would be nice (60+ inches)!

    It makes sense that the gains would come faster/easier at the beginning and get more difficult as your vert increases. I've experienced that with lifting weights as well.

    But, I'm excited about my progress so far and am confident I will be dunking 8 weeks from now or less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to post a video response, but I'm not sure if it worked or not, so here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2D1FdJg4A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Just watched your video and posted some comments. Thanks, Anton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're killing it in your dunk training. I'm jealous. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete