Monday, May 30, 2011

Sometimes it's good to take a break!

This past week I was on the road again for the fourth straight week and was seriously lacking in motivation for the first time since starting the Jump Manual. This program isn't easy and traveling only makes it more difficult. I also felt like my body was breaking down so I took most of the week off. I told myself that I'm half way through, I've worked really hard, and so why not take a little break?

I'm glad that I did. I played hoops this morning and was feeling really good. I could tell I was jumping better than I have in a long time. So, I had a friend grab my little video camera and film me jump a couple of times while we were waiting for the next game.

The result was I grabbed the rim with 2 hands which is the first time I've been able to do that since starting the Jump Manual. Compared to where I was six weeks ago when I could get my fingers a little over the rim, I've made some solid progress. My vert has increased probably 4 or 5 inches so far. I must say it feels pretty good. I need another 3 or 4 inches and I should be dunking!

Here's the video from today. Thanks for reading and watching!

6 comments:

  1. Badass man! You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do this! Damn, I'm jealous...and inspired. Good work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks man! Sure hope so! Did you start working with a trainer yet? How's the progress?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My schedule lately has prevented me from getting the trainer thing going. I think this is the week, though, it'll begin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Look forward to hearing how it goes with the trainer. I've been using Creatine and think it's been helping a lot with my workouts and gaining strength. You might look into that if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete