Thursday, May 26, 2011

2011 NBA Combine - Who has hops?

The athletic testing results for vertical jump, bench press, agility, etc. from the 2011 NBA combine have finally been released. I've been anxiously waiting to see if Jimmer has a 36 inch vertical as has been reported.

There were 97 players who had their vertical jump tested. But, like in past years only a small percentage of them have over a 40 inch vertical. This year had 5 players in that category. It makes you wonder if getting a 40 inch vertical is simply not realistic for most athletes? Or do these guys focus so much on skill development that they neglect working on their athletic ability?

Jimmer's max vertical came in at 33 inches and his no-step vertical was 28 inches. I'm very close to those numbers right now. But, Jimmer can shoot just a little better than me! Lol. He also benched 185 lbs fourteen times and his lane agility score was 2nd best. Solid results. Will be very interesting to see which team picks him up!

One guy's stats that really caught my attention are Josh Selby from Kansas. This guy has only a 29.5 inch no-step vertical but a 42 inch max vertical! Most guys are only 5 or 6 inches between the two vertical jump tests.

Well...time for me to get back on my Jump Manual training. I was on the road again this week and just couldn't find the motivation to workout. So I've basically taken the last 4 days off. I was feeling pretty fatigued though so think it was the right choice. I've traveled for at least 2 days every week for the last month and it was taking it's toll.

Taking some time off and getting some recovery hopefully sets me up to finish the last 6 weeks of this program strong and injury free. I don't think I will be traveling at all during the last 6 weeks so that should really help.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment