Sunday, October 25, 2015

Started vert training again - Week 8

Another week in the books!

I've now completed 8 weeks of this 12 week phase. I am still 100% on hitting every single workout so far. This week was the first time though that I was not able to complete all the exercises in every single workout. It was on one of my plyo days and I still had a few jumps left to complete. But there was nothing left in the tank.

It wasn't a great jumping week. My body actually doesn't feel that broken down but it has to be after this many weeks and workouts. I'm also still playing basketball three days a week on top of all the workouts. I would probably get better results if I didn't do that and let my body rest more. But, I have to play. It's an addiction!

I mentioned last week that I was going to start taking creatine again and I started yesterday. I am very curious to see how my last few weeks go and am counting on some extra energy from creatine to help me get a few inches in gains!

I'm also adding in my "secret exercise" during 2 of the workouts each week until I complete this phase. Right now,. I'm focusing primarily on getting super explosive and that exercise in my opinion is one of the best on teaching you to get off the ground as quickly as possible.

That's about all for now. Here's this week's video. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Are you ever going to make a post about what the secret exercise is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to share it with anyone who is willing to try the exercise for 3 weeks and let me know their results.

      If you are willing to do that, then email me andy @ kalunaproductions.com or send me a message on FB (www.facebook.com/andy.nicholson.169) and then I'll send you the link to the video.

      Delete
  2. Do you take protein powder as part of your vertical jump training? I'm wondering if as I do the jump manual, I should be supplementing with protein powder. Thanks for these posts! Very inspirational! You are getting up there!

    ReplyDelete