Monday, October 21, 2013

Road to 40 inch running vert - Week 6 Results - new PR!

After some bad luck with injuries, I’m finally feeling good again!  In fact, today I got a new PR on my no-step jump!

Here’s the video with my new PR of 31.6 on my no-step jump:



It feels so good...to feel good! The sprain on my right ankle took so much longer to heal than I was expecting. The worst part was the timing! Two weeks ago, I went to Florida and was able to meet up with Steven Celi who has become one of my favorite YouTube dunkers. I was hoping to make a cool dunk video with him but we were both injured. It was still cool to meet him in person and learn more about his training and what has worked and not worked for him. He’s a big believer in jumping every day or almost every day. He does very little lower body strength training now and mostly focuses on jumping and plyometric work. It definitely has worked for him. He recently tested at 42” on his running vert which is fantastic.

I’m super excited again and look forward to getting another PR very soon. I'm feeling very confident about getting to 34” on my no-step and 40” on my running vert! Big dunks coming soon!

Thanks for reading and following along. I appreciate the support.

3 comments:

  1. wow, so nice u got to meet him in person, I saw ur video about the vert u had before u started Jump Manual, that was exactly where I was too! That means I'll be able to be where you are at right now one day! I'm trying to be working harder and be more patient about the results (no impressive improvement so far..) your standing vert is my max running vert...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hey...just replied to your comment on youtube.

      work hard, be consistent, and you will see results!

      Delete
  2. Not that I'm doubting your gains in any way but those mats really aren't that accurate. In the range that you're jumping 1/100th of a second can be as much as 3/4 of an inch. That amount of time can be added by as little as .5 degrees of knee or waist bend. They're excellent for ball parking your vert, not so great for precisely measuring gains. Awesome ability either way though! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete