Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tomahawk before Thanksgiving - Weeks 2 and 3

I just realized I forgot to post a recap of last week's training. I don't even remember why so will not try to come up with a good excuse!

Since I write down all my workouts, I'm reviewing my tracking sheets to refresh my memory on how things went. According to my notes, I got in 4 of the 6 workouts. I missed one of the core & upper workouts and one of the off-day exercise workouts. Played hoops 3 times. Not a great week but not horrible.

But, this past week was way worse. I had full intentions of working out but I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't do a single workout (other than playing basketball 2 times). It was a crazy week for me as my 12 year old son had 2 tryouts for competitive basketball teams and we also did some extra workouts to help him prepare. He's made a ton of progress and it's really fun to see him improve. Yesterday, we went camping and boating so I missed my favorite Jump Manual workout -- the strength & explosion day which is squats, deadlifts, cleans, etc.

With basically a week off, I'm expecting this week to go really well. My body should be pretty fresh so I should be jumping well and be able to hit the workouts hard.

Yesterday, Joe C. Thomas who is one of the 4 guys I'm competing against for Nike Elite's posted a video showing his progress on getting down his first dunk. He's REALLY close so I've got to get going or he's going to win this friendly competition!

Check it out! He was definitely high enough on the first backboard toss!


Good job Joe! But, I'm coming after you! :-)


8 comments:

  1. And yes, my 18 month old daughter was in the stroller where the camera was. So that's why I made that little face at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stick to the program. It's hard to get in all of the workouts as a husband and father. For me, it seems like the only way to get in all of my workout time is to give up sleep.

    I'm anxious to see who wins this contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I know I don't get enough sleep. Usually around 6 hours. But, it's worth it.

      Just checked out your blog. Very cool man! Sounds like you are located in Utah too? Good luck with your quest!

      Delete
    2. I am in Utah. I thought you were, too, considering how your basketball gym has a very familiar layout.

      Delete
    3. lol. they all look the same.

      what city do you live in?

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. How is your 1 hand dunk looking? Are you able to tomahawk it? Good luck in your competitions!!

    ReplyDelete