Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tomahawk before Thanksgiving - Week 4

Week 4 of "Tomahawk before Thanksgiving" went better than last week. Instead of being super lazy, I was only somewhat lazy! I missed two of the six Jump Manual workouts.

I've decided to make a few modifications to my workout for the next 8 weeks to see if it makes a difference. Here's my new schedule:

Monday: Core & Upper Body
Tuesday: Plyos (A little shorter than the standard Jump Manual plyo workout)
Wednesday: Rest (might swim or play hoops)
Thursday: Plyos (A little shorter than the standard Jump Manual plyo workout)
Friday: Core & Upper Body
Saturday: Strength & Explosion Workout

I'm also tweaking the core & upper body workout a bit. I've been taking it to easy and time to step it up. Going to add bench press and military press and really go crazy with my core. Going to get my bodyweight down to 165-168 from 173 lbs where I'm currently at.

So, stay tuned. I'll let you know if these changes make a difference!

I'll leave you with this video I saw today of a guy who is shorter than my 5'6" wife and can throw down serious dunks. Absolutely unreal! Almost seems like the laws of gravity don't apply to this guy. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of shortening the workouts, as needed, in order to allow recovery time and to make it possible to workout with a busy schedule. I've had to make change my workouts a lot over the years as my life has become busier.
    I look forward to seeing your new dunk videos. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've shortened the plyo workout by splitting into 2 days and also shortened the strength and explosion workout. So far, I'm really liking it but will it give me better results? will find out soon enough!

      Delete