Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My First Group Dunk Session!

If there is anything funner than dunking, please tell me what it is!!! I had my first ever group dunk session with my new friends Clint and Dallon this past Saturday. It was an absolute BLAST!

We dunked for about 3 hours and it absolutely wiped me out! I was exhausted after the first hour but these guys just kept dunking and dunking! It's now 3 days later and my legs are still crazy sore!

I got 2 new dunks during the session:

1) cuff dunk
2) dunk off backboard with someone else throwing it

A couple of Dallon's dunks got me so hyped, I even tried a windmill! LOL! I have a WAYS to go to get that. I almost got a lefty dunk off the glass and I did get a cleaner lefty dunk off the dribble.

I can't wait to dunk with these guys again!

Here's the video:


Later that same day, I went to a dunk contest as part of a top high school tournament. It featured Frank Jackson (Duke commit) and Gavin Baxter (BYU commit) and these guys can fly!

I got some pretty good footage and put together a video. I did a bunch of slow-motion so I could really watch their technique. So much you can learn just from watching someone jump.

Check it out!



HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog/instagram for a while now. Is Bounce Kit all that different than Jump Manual, Vert Shock etc.? I've tried a few programs and had decent results but I need something to get me over the top. Bounce Kit is opening up again on 12/23 and wanted to get your opinion on whether or not it's worth the investment?

    I, like you, am aging (40 years) but not going down without a fight to get back to dunking again for the first time since my early 20s.

    Thanks for the blog, the videos etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support!

      Yes, I do think BounceKit is worth it. During the last 3-4 years doing Jump Manual along with some of my own stuff, I would get my vert up to a point and then plateau and not get past it. I would take a break, start over again and get to about the same jumping level.

      I've finally been able to get past that plateau using BounceKit. I'm now jumping the highest during the last 4 years so I'm very happy about that. Hopefully I can even beat my peak jumping when I was 29.

      I haven't done VertShock so I can't comment on it. I think also part of any training is the mental aspect that you can't underestimate. Doing the program that Jordan Kilganon is using gave me a lot of confidence that I was going to see results and that is big. Also, doing the same thing over and over can get tiresome or boring and so switching things up every now and then is good.

      So, I still love Jump Manual and highly recommend it. But, I also would not suggest doing Jump Manual over and over forever. You got to change things up to challenge yourself both physically and mentally.

      If you have more questions, feel free to send me IM via Facebook or DM on instagram. Easier to answer questions that way.

      I'd love to help another "old" guy out there chasing his dunking dreams. We got to stick togther! :)

      Delete