Monday, December 26, 2011

Less than 2 weeks left ...

Less than 2 weeks now until "b-day" (January 7). Can't believe it! I haven't been posting as much lately, but that isn't because I haven't been training!

I recently went to a coaching session with Jacob (creator of Jump Manual) and he made some additional modifications to my workout that I'm really excited about. I have done the new workout 3 times now and can feel a difference already. The human body has the amazing ability to adapt and so it is wise to modify your workouts from time to time. I'm hoping these changes will help get me a few more inches that I need to reach my goal of a tomahawk dunk. At this point though, I will be stoked with a two hand dunk as I still haven't been able to do that yet either.

I'm playing a lot of basketball this week and going nuts on my training so anticipate my body getting pretty broken down. Will be making sure I eat tons of protein and get some extra sleep and stretching to help my body recover.

Hope your training is going well and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you get that 2 hand dunk you've been working for. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was fun training with Jacob! Did you start doing new lifts and/or plyo excercises and did he give you any info about the release of Jump Manual 2?

    My knee is finally starting to feel better and I should be able to resume training in a couple more weeks. Until then I'm lifitng and doing core work without my knee hurting so that's good.

    Can't wait to see that two dunk. I'll be excited for you bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ High Flyer - thanks man! I'm feeling pretty confident it will happen. Just got to keep working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ madhops - yep, Jacob has me doing a couple new exercises and focusing more on my strength right now. I had kind of plateaued on my gains in squats, deadlifts, etc so trying to bust through that and add more strength. I'm doing a couple new plyo exercises as well. One of them is single leg jump rope but doing doubles (rope spins twice on each jump). Harder than it sounds. The goal is to do 10 consecutive doubles on each leg. I've done the new workout 4 times now and my best so far on my right leg is 8 consecutive and on my left leg is 6 consecutive. Try it when your knee is feeling good and you will see what i mean! Tough!

    Get that knee healed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. candyman, can u contact me at steven.13au@gmail.com so we can share about our experience on Jump Manual. I started to train on it for the 3rd week.

    ReplyDelete