Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2 inches...just 2 more inches!!!

In addition to doing the Jump Manual training six days per week, I also play hoops 3 days per week. The basketball court I play on has one rim that is 10 feet and another rim that is 2 inches low (9' 10"). Yes, I have measured both rims!

One of my goals during my vertical jump training has been to dunk on the low rim. I have tried several times during these last few weeks without success. That is...until today!

I'm very pleased to announce the 9' 10" goal has been conquered! I'm so bummed this wasn't caught on video! I should know better by now than to make dunk attempts without a camera rolling. My best jumps always come in between games when I'm completely warmed up but when it's not particularly convenient to grab the video camera. So I don't have a video to post (yet), but I do have several witnesses including my buddy who threw me 2 perfect alley oops for 2 dunks.

And oh man...it felt so good! Especially the first one.

2 more inches! I just need 2 more inches!

I'm so motivated! Gonna get there!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks man! Played hoops again this morning and through a lob to myself instead of having someone toss the ball up to the rim for me. To my surprise, I dunked it again (on the 9'10" rim)! I only got 4 hours sleep last night so wasn't expecting to be able to jump today at all.

    July 4th is only like 10 days away. Hoping to get that last 2 inches!

    Looking forward to your next video!

    ReplyDelete