Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Getting Leaner & Jumping Higher

Sorry for the long delay on updates. I've been traveling alot during the last month and had a crazy schedule.

But, I'm still training hard and seeing some progress. I mentioned about a month or so ago that I had started Intermittent Fasting (IF) and it is working. My jeans and dress pants are getting pretty baggy! Which is great but who wants to buy more pants!

When I started IF at the end of May, I weighed 173 lbs and my waist was 34". This morning I weighed 167 lbs and my waist was 33". Most of the weight has fallen off though in the last 2 weeks when I've been more disciplined in my eating. I have 2 weeks until I get my bodyfat tested again so I'm going to be even more strict.

I really like IF. Its actually pretty easy and I feel really good. I definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to get leaner.

I will get some new videos posted soon. I've been playing a ton of basketball and not filming much but will start uploading again. I am still determined to get the two hand dunk and although the progress is slower than I want it to be, I am gonna get there!

I will leave you with this very interesting article I came across the other day about the well known urban legend about guys taking quarters off the top of the backboard and making change.

Give it a read and let me know what you think!

James White vs a Jumping Myth
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4307/james-white-vs-a-jumping-myth


4 comments:

  1. There's a guy who plays for the Globetrotters who can jump really high. I wonder how close he could get to the top of the backboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you thinking of jacob tucker?

      i haven't seen anyone get higher than james white. this video right here is crazy:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtch2wj7SkM

      Delete
  2. this one claims to hit 13' video is pretty bad though, it's hard to tell exactly what's going on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbVJ1IvYkaI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've seen that one before as well and wondered if it was legit. seems like that guy would be way more famous if he really could touch higher than anyone. so...i guess i'm a bit skeptical.

      this is pretty impressive right here though...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXLJgI59epY

      Delete